Friday, May 20, 2011

James Walker

Today I lost one of my closest family friends, I've grown up with the Walker family. They've been a part of my life since since I was born. Alex (the youngest of the walker boys) and I were best friends all throughout primary school. James was the eldest of the boys and sadly passed away last night. James was always the spirited and opinionated one, he knew exactly how to make people laugh and how to push anyones buttons. He taught me how to "smoke" with my asthma puffer and how to do a real bomb into the pool.

I've never been confronted with death so close to me before. Saying goodbye to him today was one of the hardest things I've ever done. In death he looked so peaceful, just as if he was asleep, the only way you could tell death had touched him was because of the blueish tinge to his face.

James, you were too young, I'm glad that you're not in any pain anymore. It doesn't feel like you're gone, your big personality will never fade.Thank you for being a part of my life.

Lots of Love
E.

God looked down on your body,
So tired from hanging on,
From a life that was overwhelming you,
And wanted back His son.
So he took away the air you breathe,
And gave you what was best,
A place to be at peace,
A final place to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment